Last Updated: November 1, 2022
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Disclosure of Information
Cookies and Advertising
Your Privacy Rights
Transfer of Information
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
Additional Disclosure for Individuals in Europe
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you create a customized Shout (i.e., your billboard design template) through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information about you that we collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide. Additionally, if you make a purchase, we work with a third-party payment processor to collect and process your payment information.
Through our Services, you may also provide information about other individuals, such as the intended recipient(s) of your Shout. The types of information about others that we collect directly from you include the recipient’s name, any photographic images or videos of others that you choose to upload in connection with the Services, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Your Content: With your permission, we collect information and content stored on your device, such as photos and videos that you choose to upload in connection with the Services.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information from third-party services and organizations such as identity verification services, advertising networks, data analytics providers, and mailing list providers.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your approximate location based on your IP address.
We use the information we collect to provide our Services and deliver the products you request, to customize your experience with us, and to improve and develop new products and services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by us and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and Services;
- Target advertisements to you on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Cookies and Advertising section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Adomni and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information that we use only in de-identified form and do not attempt to re-identify (except as permitted by law); and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We disclose the categories of personal information described above in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- Your customized Shout, including any text and imagery that you include as part of your Shout design, is designed to be published in a public place. The Shout may be captured by you or others and shared on social media. Accordingly, your Shout may be shared with others and seen by anyone who encounters it in the physical world or an image or video of it on social media.
- We disclose personal information to vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with IT support, web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, insurance, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through our Google Maps integration, we may disclose certain information to the integration partners.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Adomni, our users, the public, or others.
- We disclose personal information to our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- If you create a sponsored Shout, we may disclose your information to the company that sponsored your Shout.
- We may disclose personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is disclosed between and among Adomni and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We disclose personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
First Party and Third Party Cookies
We use first and third party cookies to operate our website. We place “first party” cookies on our website. Other organizations (with out permission) place “third party” cookies on our website. Third party cookies collect information from your device and pass it directly to the third party that set the cookie.
Essential Cookies. Some cookies are necessary for the operation of our website. We use these cookies to keep track of your shopping cart and help you make purchases.
Advertising. We engage others to serve targeted advertisements and provide related services across the web and in mobile apps. These entities may collect information about your use of our Services and other websites and applications, including your IP address, web browser, mobile network information, pages viewed, time spent on pages or in mobile apps, links clicked, and conversion information. This information may be used by Adomni and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Services and other websites, and better understand your online activity. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. These activities may be “targeted advertising” or “sharing” in certain jurisdictions. If you live in one of those jurisdictions you can opt out as described below.
Custom Audience Advertising
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as TikTok, Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Depending on where you are, you may be able to control non-essential cookies through the cookie management tool available on our website. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) request correction of inaccurate personal information. You may make these requests by contacting us as set forth in the Contact Us section below. You may also have the right to opt out of “sales,” “sharing,” and/or use of your personal information for targeted advertising. You can opt out of “sharing” and targeted advertising through the cookie management tool available on our website. You can opt out of “sales” by de-selecting the checkbox on the order form indicating that your information will be shared with the sponsor of your Shout or by contacting us. We may verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as asking you to answer questions regarding your use of our Services. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of these rights.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent who does not provide a valid power of attorney, we may ask the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request to exercise rights on your behalf. In the absence of a valid power of attorney, we may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us or confirm to us that you otherwise provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
Adomni is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity information; visual information; and inferences drawn from any of the categories identified above. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have (1) disclosed the categories of personal information identified above for business purposes to our service providers, (2) sold identifiers and commercial information relating to creators of sponsored Shouts with the sponsors of those Shouts for advertising and other commercial purposes, and (3) “shared” identifiers, internet or other electronic network activity, and inferences with our advertising partners for advertising purposes.
We have not knowingly sold or shared, and we do not knowingly sell or share, personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal information, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal information, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal information, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Subject Requests
In addition to the rights described in the “Your Privacy Rights” section and subject to certain limitations, you also have the right to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal information be corrected, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html